About the Cross:
- Find hope and renewal in familiar and evocative symbols of religion and love.
- Turquoise crosses feature opal glass stones.
- Simple 'hook' earwire for pierced ears only.
- Burnished silver metal finish.
- Signed and copyrighted Sweet Romance USA.
Since prehistoric times the cross has symbolized life, fertility, health and immortality. Like many symbols, the cross represents a broad spectrum of ideas. It is viewed as a coordinate where north, south, east and west come together. It also joins the four elements of earth, wind, fire and water. It was thought to have symbolic meaning prior to acquiring its Christian symbolism. Today the cross is known as a spiritual, protective and ornamental emblem throughout the entire world.